The Difference It Makes
Our projects touch more than 25,000 acres, at sites ranging in size from smaller than a baseball diamond, to larger than three of our smallest cities combined.
We are 35+ partners working together in Oregon’s Tualatin River Watershed, between Portland and the foothills of the Coast Range.
Volunteers, staff and contractors are active in rural and urban settings up and down the Tualatin River as well as along 62 of its more than 139 named tributaries. Browse profiles of a small sample of the hundreds of projects undertaken by Tree For All partners. Please explore—and watch us grow!
Since 2005, Tree for All partners have:
- Restored more than 120 miles of river and stream habitat.
- Saved the public more than $100 million by deploying lower-cost, multi-function green infrastructure rather than installing and operating chillers.
- Planted more than seven million native plants—more than a million per year in recent years.
- Mobilized volunteers to complete more than 21,400 shifts, valued at more than $1.5 million.
- Learned and applied groundbreaking lessons about stewardship, allowing projects to thrive and connect with each other.
This amount of planting, well-stewarded, is enough to:
- Offset more than 10,000 car trips around the equator.
- Provide habitat for at least 180,000 cutthroat trout.
- Improve air quality for more than 140,000 residents—a number that continues to rise as long as the plants are growing.
- Exert a cooling influence greater than 23 million trays of ice.
All numbers current as of 7/1/16 unless otherwise noted.
We’re excited about the work we’re doing to make our region healthy and vibrant for generations to come. Questions? Email us.